Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The day Liz Tánia found lice in my hair..

As 12 year old girls so often do, Liz Tánia, one of the girls at La Restinga, loves playing with hair. This particular morning she was braiding and poofing my hair when she suddenly let out a small scream at the discovery of a small insect crawling out of my hair right above my ear. She called another girl to come over and take a look, and before long they found another one...and another one...and another one. Yup, you guessed it. I have head lice.
I have been having itches in my scalp for a long time, but when I asked Elin (my roommate) to check my head about a week ago, and she didn't find anything, I figured my scalps was just irritated by the perfume from the shampoo or something like that. Oops.
"MIRA, la muchachona tiene piojos," Liz Tánia shouted after the discovery, and soon I had a small team of people picking lice out of my head (loosely translated: "LOOK, the tall girl (which btw is one of my more popular nicknames) has lice!). Hoping that a lice shampoo and a serious round of cleaning of the apartment and our clothes will do the trick, and that my tiny friends will long gone in a few days... :)

2 comments:

Trude Dale said...

Å, stakkars deg, Janne! Det er jobben å bli kvitt sånt noe. Har du tilgang til fryser, så kan det være fint å legge klærne dine i den et døgns tid.
mamma

Elise said...

Holas!
He, he, velkommen til klubben, du er ikkje den einaste som har fått lus på La Restinga! Men lusemiddelet ein får tak i i Peru er ganske så sterkt, så det tar knekken på det meste :-)
Kjempekjekt å lese blogginnlegg frå Iquitos, eg kjenner eg sakner det skikkeleg!
Nyt tida og jula i Iquitos - utruleg annleis, men også veldig lærerik og meiningsfull. Hels til folka der då, viss dei ikkje har gløymt meg ut ... :-)
Klem frå Elise (som var der for to år sidan)